Brie & Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 8 ounces Bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 8 slices Multi-grain Bread
- ½ cup SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce
- 8 ounces Brie, sliced
- To make onions, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally. Add ¼ cup of water as needed to prevent the onions from scorching. Cook onions until caramelized (soft and golden brown). Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- To make sandwiches, spread butter on one side of bread slices and place butter side down on a work surface. Spread a layer of SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce on each slice. Then, top 4 of the bread slices with onions, brie slices, and bacon. Close the sandwiches with remaining slices, butter side out.
- Preheat a skillet over low heat. Grill the sandwiches, flipping once, until cheese has melted and both sides are toasted and golden brown. Cut in half and serve right away.
mix it up
Use ham or your favorite type of bacon. For extra cheesy-ness, try a triple cream cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 4 Sandwiches