Crab Deviled Eggs
The crab is optional in this American classic dish, but it is imperative if you are looking to give your brunch gatherings an exquisite and luxurious touch. In three easy steps you will get a satisfying appetizer that will make your guests say “Wow!.”
- 6 Eggs hardboiled, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 oz. Crab Meat (canned or fresh)
- Dill Sprigs for garnish
- Remove yolks from hard boiled eggs and place in a medium sized bowl and smash yolks with a fork until you get a nice crumbly paste like consistency. Add mayonnaise, cream cheese and SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce and mix well together until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place crab meat in a separate small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Use a squeeze of lemon to taste if necessary. Add crab meat to yolk mixture and combine.
- Spoon the yolk filling into the egg halves and garnish with dill sprigs. Transfer to platter and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6 – 12