Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
Chicken legs quarters are the perfect cut to grill because you get a crispy golden skin while the meat remains tender and juicy. SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce is the ideal sauce for this recipe because the explosive flavors of chiles, spices and tamarind are magnified over the fire and give the chicken that smoky charred flavor we love on summer days.
- 4 Chicken Leg Quarters
- ½ Cup plus extra for final basting SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- In a glass baking dish arrange chicken leg quarters, pour SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce over chicken insuring that both sides of chicken legs are rubbed and covered in the sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate preferably overnight or for same day marinade at least for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to a medium heat. Allow chicken to come to room temperature before grilling. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Turn one side of the grill off. Place chicken skin side down on the hottest part of the grill, over the heat and cook until the skin has browned and loosened itself from the grill; about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and transfer to indirect heat on the other side of the grill. Cover barbecue and continue cooking, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through for an additional 35 minutes.
- In the final 5 minutes of cooking, brush chicken skin side with additional SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce flip, and continue basting. Chicken is ready when thermometer reads 160°F and its juices run clear. Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4