Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
This is a recipe favorite because it’s an elegant dish with an easy preparation that is packed with flavor – the perfect recipe for your dinner soirée. The medley of chopped herbs gives this delicate meat an aromatic, rustic like crust, that is elevated by the spices and robust flavors of the chile negro sauce. Your guests will be impressed and think you spent all day slaving away in the kitchen. Bon Appétit!
- 1 c. SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce
- 2 Racks of Lamb, 1 – 1.5 lbs. each, frenched
- 1/4 c. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 c. Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 c. Fresh Oregano
- 1 tbps. Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Chick Stock or Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely chop all herbs together. Set aside in bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Season racks of lamb with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and reduce heat to medium high.
- When oil is hot, add lamb rack with fat side down and sear until brown. Using tongs, turn rack and brown bottom as well. Remove and set aside on plate. Repeat with second rack.
- Take ¼ c. of SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus sauce and brush onto the fat side of the lamb racks. Make sure the sauce is evenly covering the rack including the bottom, but do not coat the end sides.
- Apply chopped herb mixture onto lamb side covered with sauce; the sauce should make the herbs adhere to create a beautiful herb crust.
- Transfer lamb racks onto a baking sheet or iron skillet and transfer to oven.
- Roast until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reads 135°F for medium rare, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove lamb racks from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan combine ¾ c. of SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus sauce and ½ c. of chicken stock. Simmer over low medium heat. Add salt to taste. Keep warm.
- Using a sharp knife, cut between each bone and carve racks of lamb into chops.
- Serve with warm sauce drizzled over chops.