Mushroom, spinach & Cheese Quesadilla
We use gluten free corn tortillas to make these hearty vegetarian quesadillas. The mushrooms and spinach come alive with the Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce . The mushrooms are so meaty and satisfying you won’t miss the carne asada at all!
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Spinach leaves
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded about 2 cups
- ½ cup SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Once oil is shimmering, add sliced mushrooms with a generous pinch of salt. Stirring occasionally, cook mushrooms until tender and brown, approximately 7 minutes. Mix in spinach with another pinch of salt and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Transfer mushroom and spinach to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas (as many as will fit in your skillet) and top with a layer of cheese followed with a couple of spoonful’s of mushrooms and spinach mixture and 2 tablespoons of SALSAOLOGY Chile Negro & Hibiscus Sauce. Add one more layer of cheese and cover with another tortilla. Once the cheese begins to melt, flip the quesadilla using a spatula and continue to cook until the cheese is entirely melted and the tortilla is browned and lightly crisp on both sides. Repeat to make remaining quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve warm immediately.
mix it up
You can substitute corn tortillas with flour tortillas.