Mussels & Clams with Tequila Ancho Chile Broth
This seafood dish is brought to a new level by the bright flavor of the tequila ancho chile broth.
- 1 cup of SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 3 lbs Mussels, scrubbed & debearded
- 2 lbs Clams, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Spanish Chorizo, casing removed and medium diced
- 1/2 cup Clam Juice
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves, for garnish
- 1 Baguette
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add chorizo and sauté until chorizo browns on all sides.
- Add garlic and shallots to pot and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Removing from stove or lowering heat, add tequila to pot for deglazing. Allow tequila to come to a slow boil and burn off alcohol content.
- Add all 8 oz. of SALSAOLOGY and clam juice and combine well.
- Add mussels and clams and cover pot.
- Once all shells have opened, turn off heat. Remove any shells that didn’t open and discard.
- Serve in bowl with broth, garnish with cilantro and enjoy with sliced baguette.