Sweet Potato Souffle
- 4 lbs. Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ – ½ cup SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Cotija Cheese or Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Nut Crumble Topping:
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Nuts (choose from pecans, walnuts, almonds or combine all three!)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- Marshmallows to taste, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake until soft, approximately 60-90 minutes. Allow potatoes to cool to the touch and peel skins off. Combine sweet potatoes, SALSAOLOGY Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a standing or hand mixer on the low setting. Add eggs and heavy cream, and then raise mixer speed to medium high and whip for two minutes to incorporate air into mixture. Lower speed of mixer and add Cotija or Feta cheese.
- Transfer prepared sweet potato mixture to a buttered baking dish and set aside.
- To prepare crumble topping: In a bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and chopped nuts. Add butter and continue to combine to make topping. Sprinkle crumble in one even layer over the top of the sweet potato soufflé.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F. Dot with marshmallows over the crumble top and souffle. Bake until filling is hot, crumble is browned, and marshmallow tops have turned a golden color, about 20-30 minutes. Let soufflé cool before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 6-8 side servings